- This event has passed.
Corpus Approaches to Lexicogrammar (LxGr)
June 16, 2018
The Corpus Approaches to Lexicogrammar (LxGr) conference will be held at Edge Hill University, United Kingdom on Saturday 16th June 2018.
LxGr primarily welcomes papers reporting on corpus-based research on any aspect of the interaction of lexis and grammar. However, position papersdiscussing theoretical or methodological issues are also welcome, as long as they are relevant to both lexicogrammar and corpus linguistics. LxGr is particularly interested in studies that interrogate the system lexicogrammatically to get lexicogrammatical answers. More specifically, studies may …
- focus more on the lexis or grammar end of the continuum, or adopt an integrative approach.
- discuss different interpretations of the nature of lexicogrammar.
- operate within any theoretical approach that takes into account the interaction of lexis and grammar; e.g. Construction Grammar, Lexical Grammar, Pattern Grammar, Systemic Functional Grammar, Valency Grammar.
- discuss empirical findings in need of theoretical interpretation.
- adopt a synchronic or diachronic approach.
- examine any language, or compare different languages.
- examine L1 and/or L2 use.
- discuss the implications of the findings of corpus-based lexicogrammatical research for applied linguistics (e.g. forensic linguistics, lexicography, language acquisition, language teaching, translation, sociolinguistics, discourse studies).
- report on the development of relevant resources for research and/or applications (e.g. language teaching, translation).
If you would like to present, send an abstract of 500 words (excluding references) to Costas Gabrielatos (email@example.com). Please make sure that the abstract clearly specifies the research questions or hypotheses, the corpus and methodology, and the main findings.
Full papers will be allocated 35 minutes (including 10 minutes for discussion). Work-in-progress reports will be allocated 20 minutes (including 5 minutes for discussion). There will be no parallel sessions.
The deadline for abstract submission is 18 February 2018. Abstracts will be double-blind reviewed, and decisions will be communicated by 25 March 2018.
Participation is free – LxGr2018 is funded by the Department of English, History & Creative Writing, edge Hill University. Coffee/tea and a light buffet lunch will be provided, but participants are expected to cover their travel and accommodation costs. Please note that the number of places is limited, and places will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you have any questions, please contact Costas Gabrielatos(firstname.lastname@example.org).